Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1, 99 to go!!

Today is the start of my 100 day challenge. It was actually pretty easy today and was very aware of the foods I was eating and trying to pick healthier options. For breakfast I have a small bowl of Quaker Oh's cereal. Lunch I had Subway! can't go wrong there! I had a small bowl of popcorn for snack. And for dinner I made tacos, but instead of piling on the meat and little room for veggies, I used little meat and piled on the veggies instead!

Not much in the way of aerobic exercise but I did get walking in, when I had errands to run at a few stores and just took extra time and walked around just to get the blood flowing and parker farther away, even though it was COLD outside and I'd rather just get in the door and not have to freeze! and also spent time outside chipping ice! for those who don't know anything about chipping ice, let me just tell you that's a workout all on its own. I had 3-4 inches thick of ice surrounding my sidewalk and driveway. I spent about 30 minutes out there and that was enough time to make my arms burn!

I use a great app on my iphone called spark people that tracks my food, calories, exercise and the calories I burn. I find it a great tool! It has almost every food you can think of, but you can always add it if the food isn't listed. Even mcdonalds is listed haha! that's what I'm trying to avoid!

My main goal is to lose about 20lbs by June 8th. More would be even better. I have a 5k coming up in May and a 5 miler in June! I hope to run at least part of those. Here's better eating habits, and routine exercise. The sun is starting to shine more and sidewalks starting to clear, hopefully it will warm up just a tad more so my wimpy butt will want to get outside and take some walks around with samuel!

So cheers to the next 100 days and that I stay motivated to keep pushing through! even on the days I don't feel like it!!

No comments: