Monday, January 5, 2009

A look back at the last year...and the year to come!

2008 was a great year for our family. It started with nate returning home after a 15 month deployment to Iraq. He made it home for thanksgiving of 2007








2 months after being home we took a trip to Florida to see nates family, and found out a wonderful surprise....

Baby #2 was on it's way!! The was the best highlight of my year. We found out 4 months later that is was a boy. Samuel Roy Garland was to be his name.




While nate was away in California this summer doing some training, my best friend from Jr. High and High School came up to visit. I hadn't seen her in 10 years. what a great reunion it was.


My ever growing belly....





Elijah Turned 5!!! and Daddy was home for the first time for his Birthday....





Elijah Lost his first tooth....











Elijah's Starts school....my baby has grown up!!







Samuel was born Sept 24, 2008 at 7:48 pm 7lbs 14 oz



To end the year nates Mom and brother flew up for christmas....





God has blessed our family so much this last year and it was so nice to be a family. Looking to this new year is going to be a tough year as Nate deploys once again for another year. It's going to be a tough year on all of us but my key verse I am going to cling to for the year....


Phillipians 4:13 I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength.


Please pray for me and my family this year.















































1 comment:

Scott and Sarah Nichols said...

We will definitely be praying! I loved the update, so glad you had a great 2008!